Steffensen Farah posted an update 3 days, 12 hours ago
Turn on the tv on any day of the week and you’ll quickly encounter amateur and professional chefs around the world milling, stirring and seasoning on evaluations winners like America’s Test Kitchen, The Great British Bake Away and MasterChef: Australia.
Interest in cookery has jumped and so, consequently, have sales of kitchenware. Silicone products, in particular, have witnessed a huge rise. Watch
Silicone baking sheet on TV and it will not be long before you see him or her creating a wonderful dish with the help of silicone baking pans, mats and sheets, spatulas and moulds.
With popular TV shows promoting silicone kitchenware, it is no surprise that home cooks are now purchasing these products in ever-increasing numbers.
However, what is it all about this product that is quickly making it a must-have at the kitchen?
1. Silicone is a non-stick material, meaning that meals will not get baked on. Silicone baking mats may be used on top of baking sheets and cookie sheets, or within baking pans, making your non-silicone bake-ware completely non-stick.
2. Silicone can manage cold and heat.
3. Silicone conducts heat very slowly, so utensils remain cool in a hot saucepan and kitchen tops and surfaces will not suffer burn marks. When silicone mats have been made to include fibreglass net they supply an even heat transfer, the fibreglass saline and mesh operate together to enhance even baking and browning.
4. Silicone does not degrade over time and will not rust or stain. If produced from high quality silicone your bake-ware can be used thousands of times.
5. Silicone is very flexible so it can be squeezed or folded into tight storage spaces. Additionally, this makes the removal of cakes and desserts out of silicone bake-ware really easy.
6. Silicone is a soft cloth and its utensils will not scratch or damage non-stick pans.
7. A silicone baking mat can be used more than 2000 times so there’s absolutely no need to purchase parchment paper and other disposable linings/sheets.
Now that we have established the many reasons why silicone is indeed popular let us look at the security problem – saline is man made after all and for food preparation purposes it will be utilized for making something which you will place in your mouth!